Sunday, July 08, 2007

Moving!

I wrote this whole post in anticipation of our BlogMove yesterday, then forgot to post it! Silly me!

Have you ever started something and then turned around to realize that it had evolved into something different than what you had in mind when you started? That's kind of the way I feel about this blog. I started it to appease my mother who wanted a place to find pictures of little "Small" after she was born... and at first I just liked having a place to put all the many pictures I took of her every sweet expression. As time has passed, I still love putting pictures up of Carolyn, but this blog has become every bit as much about me as it is about her! It's a reflection of my personal story; the journal I would never find time to keep if I had to write things down in a book. I love to go back and look over our "history" of the past year. And I won't lie; I love the idea that there are people "out there" who are interested in what I have to say about my small little life (even if the 40-something users my StatCounter tracks are all just my mother checking my blog from 40 different computers... which actually may be possible in their house :))

Thoughts about where this blog is and where it's going and where I want it to go have been on the forefront of my musings over the past few weeks. I've been thinking about changing the address since Baby Irving" isn't a baby anymore- as I watched her standing on her own two feet today, excitedly waving a set of keys around- I realized afresh that I have indeed become the mother of a toddler! And I sincerely hope that God has more children for our "quiver." She has been a greater blessing than I could ever have imagined and I hope to have a home full of love and life and memories.

So all that said, we are moving to http://irvingfamilyblog.blogspot.com! I'll still keep this blog up so that people can link to the new one... but as we enter a new phase in life as parents of a toddler, our blog will also be moving up to an address that can grow with our family! Bookmark the new address and come join our family on this crazy journey called life! :)

No comments: