Monday, February 05, 2007

Getting Out and Getting Fed

Today we braved the scary driving conditions in our wonderful Volvo with an equally wonderful Winter Mode (no fishtailing for us thanks to the generosity of Grandma and Grandpa who traded our old Nissan for their Volvo when they moved up to a minivan this Christmas!) We went to see Kelly and Isaiah- a much needed break from the walls of our house- which, though warm and dry and cozy, were beginning to feel a little oppressive to me! It was fun to have a friend to chat with and Carolyn enjoyed playing with Isaiah's toys and especially liked watching their dog, Mya.

I think that Carolyn is beginning to try to communicate to us in "words." Over the last few days I've noticed that whenever something displeases her she says something like "nay-nie-nay-nie"- the exact sound varies, but it always includes "nay" or "ni." She rarely uses the "n" sound when she babbles- just when she wants something she can't have (in this case, the doggie) or I'm doing something she doesn't want me to do (cutting fingernails, reading a book not on her "favorites" list, etc). I'm afraid her first real word will be "NO!" :)
Dinner started out as a very joyful affair tonight. She reveled in the sweet potatoes and oatmeal and wanted to be sure that everyone noticed her toothsome smile! :)
Guess what we had for dinner tonight? See-food!!! Get it? See-Food?!!!
Shortly after this, she vomited. I guess the exuberance was too much for her- or maybe I just shoveled too much in too fast. I feel guilty that I even took a picture of it, so I'm not posting it. But it happened- and if it weren't so sick, I think it might be kind of funny. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she looks so joyful with her food all over her face!