Monday, April 09, 2007

Action!

Here are a couple of videos to let you know of Carolyn's amazing motor progress!

Laura came over tonight for our weekly 24 party (on another note, hasn't 24 really gone down hill this season, ye faithful 24 watchers?! I still like to watch it, but it's more wantonly violent and unnecessarily and overly "dramatic" and also waaay more politically motivated than it has been in previous seasons). But while Laura was here I finally got a chance to video Carolyn pulling herself to standing! She's learning to be so much more steady and is so pleased to find herself upright when she finally gets there!



And here is something we've been watching for for awhile- Carolyn is beginning to crawl on her hands and knees! It's still quite a bit faster for her to scoot along on the floor, but tonight we exploited her insatiable desire to pull up on Mommy's legs- when she's going to try and pull up, she gets to her hands and knees first- so I just kept scooching a little bit ahead of her and she crawled right after me! She got significantly better at it just in the couple hours that Laura was here! Then later in the evening when we were getting ready for her bath, she was just in her diaper and found the wood floor cold, so she tried out her new skill and crawled around for several minutes! Of course it's back to the trusty Army Crawl whenever she really wants to get something quickly that's any distance away, but she is learning! I'm so proud of my little girl! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOo hoo! My little niece is amazing :)

Anonymous said...

B. Irv. Interested in Christian Apologetics I see. We need a space to exchange ideas. I'll make a place on my blog under comments where this topic can be commented upon if you like.

DRC

Transplant said...

Gather round, folks, step right up and see (drum roll please) The Amazing Crawling Baby!!!!! Look at her go! (And look out, world!)

Erica said...

Awesome, she is doing so good. She is so so talented. She will be walking in no time :)

krysia.degraaf said...

EB- Carolyn is absolutely adorable! I'm so proud of her! She's finally crawling (not army cralwing). And pulling up too! It's not going to be long and she'll be walking along furniture, them walking on her own. I'm kind of looking forward to Garret doing these things too, but I'm content with where he's at. This way he's still my little boy!

Christi said...

Congrats to the mommy of the crawler! I knew she'd do it! Now...time to really engage that babyproofing!