Sunday, April 29, 2007

First Shoes!

This week was a major milestone in Carolyn's life. She got her first "real" pair of shoes! I figured it was time for her to have some good shoes since she is starting to spend so much more of her time standing and is beginning to take steps around furniture... it's hard to believe, but she will probably be walking sometime in the next 6 months or so! Yikes! So we went to the store and got some very special first shoes, size 2 1/2 for anyone who is interested (her friends' feet are already two whole sizes bigger, so it seems that Carolyn has inherited her mama's- and grandma's- small feet...)

I was especially impressed with the miniature size of the box. It is the cutest shoe box I have ever seen. I don't think I will be throwing this one away. :) And if you get a Christmas gift in this box, know that you are indeed very, very special!!!

These shoes were made for crawling...
And standing... and Cruising... and, one day, Walking! What a big girl to have such lovely shoes!
Here's a close-up of the most darling shoes ever made. :)

2 comments:

Transplant said...

I am pretty sure I still have your first shoes, which by the way were also Stride Rite. (I mean, the first ones besides the corrective shoes! I did not save that contraption!) Your first shoes were little white baby shoes, which I suppose were recommended back then. We put bells on the shoestrings to keep them tied, and so we could hear where you were! (It is quite possible, those shoes are in their box too! I loved those boxes too!)

Anonymous said...

good golly are those shoes ever darling! i have shoes with toe scruff protection, too, but no butterflies :)