Sunday, May 27, 2007

Family Weekend

We're at my parents' house for the holiday weekend and having a great time! My sister Michelle (aka Auntie Em) and her husband Bryan are in for the weekend, too and it's been so much fun to spend time together.

Carolyn made a beeline for the stairs within minutes of our arrival and we spent most of the day yesterday watching her climb them over and over and over again. Today she seems sort of "over" the novelty and has been exploring more of the house. It's so much fun to watch her enjoying experiencing someplace new.

She was quite intrigued with the "down" aspect of the stairs so we had a crash course (not literally :)) on going down the "safe" way- backwards. It amazes me how much like a little sponge she is at this stage- this morning she started sliding backwards down the stairs just like we showed her yesterday- all by herself! We didn't think she'd get it so fast!One great feature of the stairs at my parents' house is the really cool landing at the top- Carolyn enjoyed standing there and we thought she looked like she was in jail (and thrilled to be there! :))
Or perhaps the Zoo- lately she's been making this sort of growly roar sound when she makes this face and I think with the orange PJs it makes her look a little like a small lion. :)

This fun throwing trick puts Carolyn into fits of giggles! And you can see from the picture how much her Daddy enjoys playing with her. I am so blessed to be married to this wonderful man! I've always thought he was a great husband, but it has been so much fun over the past year to watch him become the very best Daddy I could imagine for Carolyn. He truly Enjoys her and she is his #1 fan. :) The other day around the time when Daddy usually comes home from work, Carolyn crawled over to our garage door, stood up on it, and started banging the door with her hands, saying "Da! Da! Da!" And he wasn't even home yet! :) What a neat thing for her have such a special relationship with her dad even from such a young age. Great dads are a great blessing- and I should know- I have a great one, too, who always made me feel like my sisters and I were the most important things in the world- he always had time to play with us even though he has always worked very hard. He played real hard, too. :) Dads are the best! :)

More tossing fun- Uncle Bryan and Daddy practice their throwing (and catching) skills with an exuberant Carolyn. :)

3 comments:

Christi said...

Yikes! I'm not so sure I could watch them toss her back and forth. I'm glad they're good catchers too! :)

Unknown said...

EB,
I like how your mom is totally engrossed with her reading material, even though a small child keeps whizzing by her through the air.:)

Erica said...

Wow, she is growing into a precious little girl. I am glad you guys got to have some quality family time over the holiday. We miss you guys. Hope to see you sometime soon. Love you!

Erica and Peyton