Saturday, May 19, 2007

Playdate at the Park

Yesterday we had a great time picnicking at a nearby park (as a side note, I love the picnicking is spelled with a "k" instead of picnicing. That's why I used the word instead of "having a picnic.")

The babies all had a great time chasing one another around in the green grass.
Congratulations to Rachel, who has learned how to crawl in the last few weeks! :)
Here Caimon and Carolyn are having a chat while scavenging for leftover snacks in Caimon's (or Rachel's; not sure which) stroller. I love that they are starting to actually interact with one another, though mostly they're still "parallel playing" and won't really begin "cooperative play" for awhile yet. It's still fun to watch them "talk" to each other.


Aidan's mom brought lemons to share. I never would have thought of lemons as a fruit kids would like, but despite the sour faces, the lemons held their interest for quite awhile!

Of course no trip to the park is complete without a visit to the swings. It was a bit more complicated than I've experienced before since Baby Garrett was with us this time and I had him in the Baby Bjorn while pushing Carolyn in the swing- this wasn't so bad, but trying to carry the both of them was a bit challenging. I guess that's why in general, most people don't have a second baby until the first can walk by herself! Fridays are good birth control for me- I get my fix of cuddly, precious "little baby" (though even Garrett's not so little anymore- almost 5 months! Heaven help us when he starts crawling! What will we do?!) and by the end of the day, having just one baby seems easy! :) It's been fun to watch another little one growing- it's so fascinating to see how much he changes from week to week since I only get to see him once a week usually.
Carolyn loves the swing now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a few thoughts...

-i like to use 'mimicking' in my reports on kids for the same reason. i'd probably choose the more boring 'imitating' if it were 'mimicing'...

-i've seen some research studies that shed light on the fact that toddlers' interactions are more complex than most folks give them credit for. i love that you're celebrating carolyn's first friendships!

-she's just getting more darling by the day. and yes, i'm still checking up on you all that often :)