Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Good Morning!

So Carolyn has learned a new skill! We found out Sunday morning at church that she can now stand up in her crib. :) I went down to the nursery between services on Sunday to see if they had been able to get Carolyn down for a nap... the very kind nursery worker just smiled at me and said "just look." I glanced over at the window to the "sleep room" and saw the set of vertical blinds swishing madly back and forth- and in between the gaps, a gleeful, delighted little face. I have rarely seen something that made me laugh as hard as the sight of little Carolyn standing there in the crib swatting at the blinds. The joys of childhood.

I think the morning nap on Sundays might just have to be sacrificed.

This delightful new ability of Carolyn's is beginning to impact her (and our!) sleep, however. She can get up, but not down very easily. So she gets "stuck" standing up in her crib and has to be rescued... and then of course fury ensues when she is laid back down without a feeding and without being rocked back to sleep! Any suggestions on how to ease this transition time would be much appreciated. :)

No comments: