Sunday, March 11, 2007

Adventures with Friends, Exploring, and A New Skill

On Friday Aidan came back from his 2-week absence from our "walking" (...shopping...) group at the mall and Rachel returned from a few weeks of one "minor" illness after another (we hope she's done being sick now!) so all 8 of us were finally together again. We were glad to see each other- the babies are growing so fast... and yet so differently! They're all at pretty different developmental stages and sizes even though they were all born within 2 weeks of one another.
Here are the crawlers/standers- Aidan and Caimon.
And the tummy creepers- Carolyn and Rachel, who enjoyed grabbing for each other's hair and eyes. :)
Today I took a few pictures of Carolyn chugging around the house on her tummy- she's decided that the camera strap is cool and she is beginning to move SO much faster- it's hard to get a picture of her moving before she's already right there! But I thought these were cute... especially if I hadn't cut off her head! :)
I think it's funny that even at such a young age, the things that seem the most fun to do always seem to be whatever appears to be deviant- like going after Daddy's Green Magazines, so neatly stacked under the table- and pulling them down one by one.
Is it horrible that I'm posting a picture of my child crying?! Well, this seems to be an important part of what Carolyn's life is like right now- she's been perfecting this loud, whiny cry that she pulls out whenever something displeases her- which seems to be happening more and more often lately. She's started waking up in the night again just screaming- and I can tell it's an angry scream- when I go in to her to make sure she is okay and to try and soothe her, as soon as I turn around to walk out of the room, she instantly begins screaming at the top of her lungs and flapping her little arms and legs around frantically. It would be somewhat comical if the sound didn't just cut me right to the heart. I hate hate HATE listening to her cry like that... but I know from past experience that she must continue to sense consistency from us or it will only get worse... but it breaks my heart to hear her cry- not to mention the sleep disruption from not resting at night... and the consequent crabbiness that extends into the following days, resulting in the aforementioned "whiny cry" pictured below. :)

No comments: