Monday, October 23, 2006

It's October 23 today. One year ago today we found out that we were expecting! I remember how unreal it felt to think that someone very tiny was growing inside me. I had no idea who she'd turn out to be (and I hope someday she forgives me for constantly referring to her as "he" while I was pregnant) but right from that very first moment I knew that I loved her. I loved knowing that God had designed me especially for carrying her and nurturing her, at that time, with every breath I took and every beat of my own heart. When I look at her now, it's hard to believe that God put that whole complete, wonderful person together from just a tiny cell- that everything she'd be was determined right from the very start- but she's here and He did!

Brad thought this picture was silly- but I felt it needed to be taken to document such an important, momentous occasion. I threw away the pregnancy tests after this. :) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only eb & brad... only eb & brad... i'm just glad you don't have the tests anymore! :)