Monday, June 18, 2007

1 Year Old Pictures

I took Carolyn to Sear's today to have "1 Year Old" pictures taken. I kind of feel like I've been swimming with the sharks. I couldn't believe all the stuff they tried to sell me on and all the little loopholes with every single deal they had going- all of course intended to get me to spend more and more and more $$$$ for pictures that, although nice because the lighting is good and they have different props, aren't really any better than what I could take at home! Besides, Carolyn always gets overwhelmed at places like this and staunchly refuses to smile, no matter how ridiculous the photographer makes him or herself.

But I beat the system. I came out with 2 wall portraits, a sheet of wallets, and a membership to their frequent photo whatever for only $5 and a total of only $13.77. I thought that was pretty decent. And I do especially enjoy the picture of Carolyn sittting in the little white chair. I think she looks so pretty (don't worry, they cropped it, and didn't even charge me extra for it! :)

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I cannot believe that she is almost 1 year old. WOW. I know Emma is 8 months old and the time has flown by. I sure wish you guys were closer so they could be playmates.

Michelle said...

she looks so great in yellow!

Erica said...

She looks precious. I love them! I can't believe she is almost one. We can't wait to see you guys. Peyton started army crawling around this week. So we have been busy with our new trick :)
Love you guys!