Friday, June 15, 2007

June 15, 2002

Today we are celebrating five years together!! Five years has passed by in a flash and so much has changed- except the fact that I am still married to my very best friend! :)

My wedding day- the happiest day of my life never really had a contender until the birth of Baby Carolyn. Hard to say which was happiest- but this was pretty much a perfect day. :)
Running through the birdseed!
We drove off in Brad's dad's Porsche (his "baby" :)) We didn't scratch it. :) But someone threw birdseed on the windshield and we could see him twitching! :)
Our first dance. We danced to "I will be here" by Steven Curtis Chapman (selected lyrics below)
Tomorrow morning if you wake up and the sun does not appear
I will be here
If in the dark, we lose sight of love, hold my hand, and have no fear
'Cause I will be here

I will be here
When you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen
And I will be here
When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winning, losing and trying
We'll be together
I will be here

Tomorrow morning, if you wake up and the future is unclear
I will be here
Just as sure as seasons were made for change
Our lifetimes were made for these years
So I will be here

I will be here
And you can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you
And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here

I will be true to the promise I have made
To you and to the One who gave you to me

I will be here, my love. Today, tomorrow, and always. Happy five years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember this beautiful day well -and do believe it might have been my mother who tossed birdseed towards the beloved red car... wishing you the happiest of anniversaries! have a fun celebration of five great years next weekend :)

Rohrer Family said...

Congrats, friends! We had a wonderful anniversary as well! (although it was spent at a hospital dinner function--oh well, it was a free dinner, right?) I can't believe it is already 5 years ago for both of us...