Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Little Swimmer


So today we beat the heat and spent some time at my friend Katie's neighbor's pool. The cool water felt so nice! Carolyn seemed to enjoy the chance to kick around in her yellow floatie and we girls enjoyed chatting together.

I've been doing a lot of "one year ago" thinking this week since we are approaching Carolyn's big First Birthday on Saturday... 6-26-06... this was the birth day I had picked out for Carolyn- Brad and I were both off work awaiting the onset of labor, I was 39 weeks pregnant to the day and soooo ready to be done being the size of a whale! Also, 6-26-06 sounded so nice! We went to Dr. Florido's and were disappointed to find that I still wasn't dilating! I had sooo hoped that she'd tell me that my cervix was so dilated that the baby was just going to fall out! :) No luck there. I remember being sad that there was no sign that we'd be having a baby anytime soon (and for all I knew, not until our induction date on the 7th of July, which Dr. F kindly arranged to make me feel better knowing that the pregnancy would indeed come to an end that was at least somewhat in sight!!) So we decided on this day that we'd do everything we could to try to encourage things along- LOTS of walking, everywhere! And instead of being sad that we weren't holding a baby during this week we had off together, we'd just enjoy being alone together for maybe the last time for awhile. I had it in my head that I wanted my baby on the 26th, but instead God gave me 4 precious days to spend alone with my husband. We went shopping, ate out at restaurants, took long nighttime strolls and dreamed about how our life would change. And on the 30th... it did... forever.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

What a wonderful way to change a life.