Friday, June 08, 2007

Fun with Garrett

Today we had Garrett over for the day and a wonderful time was had by all- I'm exhausted now! These two kept me going all day long- Fridays are good birth control for me- they keep the Baby Bug at bay. By the end of the day, one baby doesn't seem like much work at all! :)

Carolyn was very excited to see Garrett. Perhaps it was my imagination, but I could swear she was trying to say his name- several times today I heard her say "GaGa" while looking directly at him. It cannot be denied that she is really beginning to pick up on language and when I tell her what something is, she often tries to repeat what I've said as if she were fixing the name of the object in her mind. She also delights in locating body parts- on people, animals, or sometimes even in books. She can find nose, eyes, ears, mouth, feet, and sometimes belly button. :) It amazes me how much she really understands about what is said around her, even at this young age.


Carolyn enjoyed telling Garrett all about her Exersaucer. I like this picture because it looks like she is giving him "pointers" on how best to enjoy it.


Another new skill we've been working on is a very early version of "sharing." Yesterday, we went back and forth with a ballpoint pen (ink part inside of course)- she'd hold it out for me, I'd try to take it from her and say "thank you," she'd hold onto it tighter and start crying- but eventually she got the idea and has decided that it is a fun game to give me things and then have me give them back to her. Here she is also demonstrating that she can now "stand" on her knees! Soon she'll be standing unaided on her feet! So exciting!


This picture just had to go up- little Garrett is really growing up! At 5 1/2 months, he's already able to get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth- too much like crawling for my comfort! One crawling baby into everything is enough for me!! :) For more pictures of delightfully sweet Garrett, check out "his" blog (linked on the side). :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've said it once, and i'll say it again -what a wonderful mommy you are, elizabeth! your descriptions of play are lovely; i adore hearing all about carolyn's development :)

...and, i'm so glad you called to inquire about that book. lmc's real present should arrive in a few weeks. ha!