Monday, June 11, 2007

Making Friends

Well, I was at work all weekend this weekend. Other than the guy who brought in a really bad forged prescription for Vicodin, it wasn't too exciting- but I worked with fun people and the time went pretty quickly- and I had a special visitor both days which brightened things up considerably. :) Being at work always makes me appreciate my time at home all the more. She grows so fast!

Carolyn had a great time with Grammy and Papa. Check out Grammy's blog at http://asthelineblurs.blogspot.com for a few pictures of her antics. She even started saying "Papa" while they were here. And she was thrilled with the two small, energetic dogs they brought with them- "Gah! Gah! Gah!"

I'm amazed at the verbal "spurt" she's been on recently. Just in the last few weeks, she's picked up several new words (of course they sound like words only to those who know and love her best, but it's really fun for us to finally start to understand some of what she's trying to tell us). She can say the words hot ("haaa"), dog ("gah"), papa, and remote ("mo-mo"), in addition to mama and dada. Also- "uh-uh" and "ah-ah-ah" (things we say when trying for a variation on "no.") I love hearing her little voice!

Tonight we had a dinner get-together for our "Homebuilders" group at church. Carolyn and Olivia are just about the same age and had a nice time playing with (around) each other. Both girls were especially fascinated with this screen. :)
It's so nice to be able to spend time outside again! Winter lasts forEVER here! It was a tad warm today for my taste, but we enjoyed the fresh air all the same. :)

2 comments:

Transplant said...

Carolyn reminds me a bit of when Helen Keller learned that "everything has a name!" Then she wanted to know what those names were. Carolyn seems like she is just figuring out that everything has a name. She can't repeat them all yet, but she definitely wants to know what they are. Over and over and over!

Erin Ward said...

I don't know you... I hopped over here from Amanda's babybangs blog. But I just wanted to let you know that your baby girl has just about the cutest pigtales I've ever seen in these pictures!