Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 in Pictures

So, thanks to my Mom (who got the idea from a blog she reads from someone she doesn't know... too much time on her hands... or maybe she's just nosy... :)) I'm doing a Year 2006 in review with just ONE picture for each month. Not an easy challenge as (particularly after the month of June), there were MANY contendors and equally worthy choices... but here it is, our Year 2006 in Review.
January- the first picture I took when I thought I was "showing," around 16 weeks. The best part of January can't be captured in pictures. This was the month when I first started to be able to feel Carolyn moving inside. It was my very favorite thing about being pregnant; like a connection to the miraculous things going on inside me.
February- we visited Phoenix and enjoyed a nice dinner at Roy's with my best friend, Lisa, and her husband Matt.

March- We attended Brad's Uncle Tom's wedding in Florida. I was just starting to really "look" pregnant and was loving the way the dress looked.
April- one of three 3D ultrasounds we got to have (thanks to our "connections" at my OB's office, where my father-in-law was one of the partners- but now is retired). I loved seeing "Baby Small" on the screen and watching HER grow (though I am afraid, I did call Small "him" for many months- sorry Carolyn!) I especially like this picture because I think it actually does look something like what Carolyn looks like.
May- near the end of May, we went to the Lake Michigan beach to take some pictures of our family of "three and a half." It was the very tail end of the "cute stage" of my pregnancy- after that, I just look huge in all the pictures and my clothes stopped fitting! :)
June 30- Next to my wedding day, the happiest day of my life. Welcome to the world, little "Small"- who turned out to be Carolyn Ann, the delight of my life! This is my favorite picture from the day of her birth because it is the very first thing I remember- even before I heard her cry- in that second of waiting and panic when it's still silent in the room and you're wondering if the baby is okay- she suddenly raised her little hand at me and grabbed on to my finger- the first touch- and I was hooked for life. :)July- a month of falling in love with our newborn baby. Although I stressed more than I should have about "wakeup time" after each meal, those moments of rest after a feeding (the post-milk "coma") were so sweet! I wouldn't change one thing about Carolyn now, but sometimes I wish I could flash back to those cuddle times!


August- Carolyn (and Uncle Brad and Aunt EB) meet Cousin Emily
September- we go to visit Steve and Carolyn Rohrer in Pennsylvania and make a little side trip with them to Washington DC, where we enjoyed walking our strollers amongst the monuments and remembering our nation's history and the sacrifices made by so many for our freedom.
October- one of my very favorite pictures ever- Carolyn learning to play X-Box with Daddy. :)
November- Carolyn finds her feet- and reaches about the peak of chubbiness with five rolls on each leg! :) I love this picture because it just reminds me of the pure joy she shows so much of the time. December- our family Christmas picture, taken at Oakbrook Mall in Chicago when we were visiting Shelly and Bryan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i loved these photos through the year... reminds me of the albums you make for brad on your anniversaries :)