Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fun and Games

I made too much spaghetti for dinner on Monday... so Carolyn got a chance to experience the thrill of squeezing and mashing and attempting to devour an entire handful of spaghetti! :) It's really fun to watch her explore new textures and sensations and just see her little mind beginning to learn and expand even with such simple experiences.

Carolyn's first fruit! We tried bananas for the first time on Tuesday and they met with the most favorable response I've seen yet- not surprising, I suppose.

Well, the bumper pads in the crib had to go. :( I was sad because I think they are so pretty... but lately we have been finding Carolyn like this when we go to pick her up from her naps and in the night. The other night she was on her tummy with her face near the bumper pads... so they had go to. It makes me very nervous to have her sleeping on her tummy at all... but I can't seem to prevent it... so we have just tried to reduce the risk as much as we can and be thankful that she does know how to roll back over- although her favorite direction for rolling is blocked by the side of the crib!

Tell me, you experienced, seasoned mothers of the post-"back-to-sleep" era- Did this ever happen to you? Did you feel anxious about it? Was everything fine?
A new favorite game. Carolyn learns about containers. I put a bunch of her smaller toys inside this clear plastic bin and she just loves to take them out one by one- or sometimes to pour them all out at once.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

E.B. I have started to experience that with Emma. She started to rollover on Christmas day and she was only 10 weeks old has not stopped. A few days later I found her out of her wedge on her belly in the upper corner of the crib. I have never taken the bumper out of the crib when my kids rolled over. Is that what they are suggesting now? I would appreciate you letting me know about the bumper pad.

Anonymous said...

oh E.B. the anonymous above is from me, Ginger. Sorry I sent it before I put my name on it.