Thursday, January 18, 2007

Visiting Garrett

So yesterday we went to visit my friend Krysia (name pronounced like Trisha but with a K) and her son Garrett- Krysia and I work together (though we're both pretending that we don't work for Meijer right now because we'd really rather be SAHMs- internet lingo for stay at home moms). Anyway, we went over to visit little Garrett yesterday, who is three weeks old! It was so sweet to hold such a tiny little bundle again. We just stared at Carolyn and Garrett and wondered how in the world he would grow to be so big! But he will- and soon!

Carolyn was herself just three weeks old not really so long ago. How she has changed in just six months! Sometimes I find myself wishing for a tiny little one again (I never expected the Baby Bug to come around again so soon)- so sweet and soft and curled up and precious- maybe because it was so hard to appreciate all that at the time when you're all stressed out about getting no sleep and so desperately wanting to do things "right." But then I look at Carolyn and think of how much I am enjoying this season of our life together- and I snap right out of it and know that for now, things are just as they should be! It seems that I love her even better the bigger she gets.

But I loved her teeny tiny, too! :) This is Carolyn at three weeks old.
Anyway, she did the funniest thing yesterday. Garrett was sitting in his bouncy seat and he started crying- that cry is really tough to decipher in those first few weeks- not sure whether he's hungry or tired or uncomfortable or what- not exactly a scream but a pretty decent cry. Waaa! Waaa! Waaa! said Garrett- and in between each one of his "Waaa"s, Carolyn imitated the sound! At first I just thought she was making noise, but this went on for several minutes, and when Garrett altered the pitch or inflection of his cry, the noise that came out of Carolyn's mouth sounded almost exactly the same! It was hysterical! I wished I'd had the video camera to capture the moment. I've never heard her imitate sounds quite like that before. So funny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only got to see him in the hospital! He is so cute! How is krysia doing?

Transplant said...

She does that because she's copying Grammy! Those are the conversations we have together, where I echo whatever she says. [Maybe everyone does that with her, but I shall pretend that she's imitating me! :) ] It won't be too long before she'll be echoing everything she hears Mama say!!! Lots of fun!!! Stay tuned. . .

Anonymous said...

she does look mighty big next to that teeny tiny baby!!!