Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend Fun

This was my weekend to work, so Grammy and Papa Craig came to town to watch Carolyn. Everybody had a great time. This was my fourth time to do this, and it has gotten a little easier every time, though I'm always glad to come home at the end of the long days, and always so, so thankful that Carolyn has her loving grandparents to spoil her while I'm gone. It is a great blessing to leave at least relatively near family. I hope we can stay in the general vicinity of our families when we find a "real" job for Brad in a few years. :So happy to see my little girl!
Some toys never go out of style- I had one of these ring stackers when I was Carolyn's age- though her top ring has some rolling beads in it, and I don't think mine did. :)
Happy giggle fest with Grammy. :)
Carolyn loves to lie on her back, arch backward and look at you upside down. She'll smack her little legs down on the ground when she's especially happy- and can make some pretty decent distance around a room like that! :)
Grammy says it's time to get Carolyn's hair out of her eyes! So she tried the Pebbles look on Sunday. I think it looks cute! But I miss the big bow!

2 comments:

Christi said...

The barrettes are so cute! I like the bows too, but the variety is nice! :)

Anonymous said...

As to "real jobs" and family proximity, my personal hope is that there is a return to Texas for you in the future (all is forgiven), and would expect others to follow (likewise). Sing this melody and the true Texan within will yearn for the hill country:

Deep within my heart lies a melody,
A song of old San Antone.
Where in dreams I live with a memory,
Beneath the stars, all alone.

. . .

Need I go on, that little bit of Rose of San Antone is usually enough.