Monday, January 08, 2007

Considering Beans

Today we introduced green beans. I must say that it is MUCH messier feeding Carolyn this way!! However, I think we are all enjoying the novelty of the experience. It is fun to watch her try new things and see what she thinks.

Her reaction to Beans was not as decidedly negative as it was to Peas (although she has now given Peas a chance for 3 days and seems to at least tolerate them well enough to consume most of what we offer her, provided she is in a good mood).

What are bibs for anyway? They don't seem to catch much of the mess!

Carolyn has perhaps inherited some of her mother's "do it myself" drive- we are having a harder and harder time getting her to eat off the spoon while we are holding it. She very much wants to hold it herself! However, if we allowed her to feed herself, no food would end up in her mouth. So we take turns.
Sometimes she sticks the spoon too far back. :)
Hey, where'd my spoon go??

Overall, though I think Carolyn rather enjoyed her experience with Beans. It will be on to Squash at the end of the week. I spent a few hours at a friend's house today who has a little girl about a year older than Carolyn and she (my friend) helped me learn some of the tricks to making baby food. I now have a supply of acorn squash, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes in my freezer (in addition to the peas and green beans).

No comments: